Customs Inspection Instructions
Capital Airport Customs Service Tips
(I) Passengers should choose the right channel for Customs inspection
In the places where Customs is set up, there are two Channels, i.e. “channel of declaration” and “channel of non-declaration”.
- Passengers entering or leaving the country without articles that need to be declared to the customs are not required to fill in the Baggage Declaration Form of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as Declaration Form, see the appendix), and he shall go through the customs formalities through the “channel of non-declaration” (commonly known as “Green Channel”).
- Passengers entering or leaving the country (except those who are exempt from customs inspection and passengers below 16 who are traveling with adults) with articles required to be declared shall fill in the Declaration and choose the “channel of declaration” (commonly known as “Red Channel”) to go through the customs formalities. Those still uncertain about the regulations should voluntarily choose the “Declaration Channel” and make a written declaration at the Declaration Counter, as any other form of declaration, made in other manner, or at another time and place, will not be recognized as a valid declaration.
- When going through the Customs, outgoing and incoming passengers holding diplomatic, courtesy visa issued by administrative departments of China should voluntarily show the valid certificates to the Customs, so that they may be exempt from the inspection.
(II) The scope of declarable articles
Fundamental principle: The articles carried by outgoing and incoming passengers should be limited within a reasonable amount and be intended only for personal use; any excess should be declared faithfully to the Customs.
Declarable articles carried by incoming passengers:
Incoming passengers carrying any following articles should fill in Declaration Form and show articles to Customs for inspection and go through necessary formalities:
- Animals and plants, and products made of animals and plants, micro-organism, biological products, human organism, blood products;
- Articles worth more than RMB5000 (including 5000, same below) of personal use;
- Articles worth more than RMB2000 that non-resident passengers intend to leave in China;
- Alcohol (containing more than 12% alcohol) of a volume more than 1500 ml; more than 400 cigarettes; more than 100 cigars; more than 500 g cut tobacco ;
- More than RMB 20,000 in cash, or cash in foreign currency equivalent to more than 5000 US dollars;
- Separately-transported baggage, goods, samples of goods, advertisements;
- Other articles to be declared to the Customs
Articles to be declared when leaving China:
Outgoing passengers carrying any of the following articles, should fill in Declaration Form truthfully, and pass relevant articles to Customs for inspection and go through necessary formalities:
- Cultural relics, endangered plants and animals and products of endangered plants and animals, resources of biological species, valuable metals such as gold and silver;
- Camera, video camera, portable computer, etc., carried by incoming resident passengers, which is of a value no less than RMB 5000 and is meant for personal use;
- More than RMB 20,000 in cash, or cash in foreign currency equivalent to more than USD 5000;
- Goods, samples of goods and advertisements;
- Other declarable articles.
(III) Articles prohibited to entering and exiting China
Passengers carrying those things listed among the List of articles prohibited from entering and leaving China, will have such articles confiscated or be forced to take back such articles. Otherwise, such articles will have to be destroyed under the supervision of the Customs. If the case is serious, the passenger shall be prosecuted for his/her criminal liability.
Articles prohibited from entering into China:
- All varieties of weapons, simulated weapons, ammunition, and explosives;
- Counterfeit currencies and counterfeit securities;
- Prints, roll films, photos, disc, movies, tapes, video tape, computer storage media and other articles that impair the politics, economics, culture, and morals of China.
- All varieties of strong poison;
- Opium, morphine, heroin, Marijuana, and other highly addictive narcotic and psychoactive drugs;
- Fresh fruits, eggplant vegetables, living animals (dogs and cats excluded), products made of animals and plants, pathogenic micro-organisms of animals and plants, insect pest and other harmful organisms, animal carcasses, soil, materials of transgenic organisms, relevant plants and animals in countries and regions where there is an epidemic, and products of such plants and animals, and other articles that require inspection;
- Unsanitary foods, medicine or other articles; those imported from the epidemic area; and other foods or medicines that may produce or breed infectious diseases.
Articles prohibited from leaving China:
- All articles that are prohibited from entering China;
- Manuscripts, prints, films, photos, discs, movies, tapes, video tape, computer storage media and other articles that involve state secrets;
- Rare cultural relics and other relics that are prohibited from leaving China;
- Endangered and rare plants and animals (including their specimens) and seeds and propagating materials.
(IV) Notice for passengers receiving the Customs Check
- Cooperation is expected from owners of incoming and outgoing articles which are subject to the Customs check;
- The time and place that the baggage of incoming and outgoing passengers will be inspected should be appointed by the Customs. During the inspection process, owners of the inspected articles should be present and be responsible for the moving, unsealing, and resealing of the articles.
- During the inspection, passengers should initiatively show the valid certificates, so that the Customs personnel may identify the status of the passenger and accordingly decide the corresponding inspection standards.
- Whoever violates the Customs regulations, trying to avoid the supervision and control of the Customs by carrying goods and articles that are prohibited by the State from entering or leaving the country, goods and articles that are restricted from entering or leaving the country and goods that are subject to the Customs duty payment according to the law, will be subject to punishment by the Customs in accordance with the Customs Law of the People’s Republic of China and Detailed Rules on the Administration and Penalties of the Customs Law of the People's Republic of China.
(V) Other regulations
- Nobody should, without authorization, open or damage the Customs seal on the baggage articles.
- Articles that originally have been allowed to leave/enter after they have been registered with the Customs must be taken into or out of the country by the same passenger.
- Articles that are taken into the country by the passenger through separate transportation should be declared when entering the country.
- Non-resident passengers returning abroad, when they choose the declaration channel to go through the Customs, may either fill in the blanks in the column of “leaving the country” in the same Declaration Form which was used by the passenger when they entered the country and was endorsed by the Customs; or fill in a new Declaration Form to go through the Customs formalities for leaving. Resident passengers entering the country, when they choose the Declaration Channel to go through the Customs, may fill in the blanks in the column of “entering the country” in the same Declaration Form which was filled by the passenger when they left the country and was endorsed by the Customs; or fill in a new Declaration Form to go through the Customs formalities for entering.
Customs advisory telephone:0086-10-12360 or 0086-10-85734500
Appendix: sample of the declaration form
|sample of the declaration form in English vision
||sample of the declaration form in Chinese vision |